Tuesday, March 21, 2006

absent me

Once again...yes, I'm still alive. I just don't think pregnancy suits me. If I have to hear one more woman tell me that it was the most wonderful experience and they enjoyed every second of it, I think I'll vomit...and believe me...it will be easy. I wake up every morning to a queasy stomach...eat...feel better, then 20 min. later I feel sick again. This goes on pretty much until I fall asleep at night. I feel sick and crampy and irritable, and headaches and so freakin' tired, if I could only stop peeing 6 times a night, maybe, just maybe I could catch up on some sleep! I know it's all normal, and it will hopefully stop, but I'm suprised pregnant women don't just have complete breakdowns...oh wait...I guess husband would probably argue that I haven't already...poor guy. Ok, I'm done complaining...I know, I know, it will all pay off in the end...the end just seems so incredibly far! I've also heard..."it flies by!, so enjoy every second!" I'm still waiting for time to get away from me. Ok really, I'm done, no more complaining, I feel guilty complaining, I know how hard it is for some people to have kids, I should just be grateful...but it feels good to just get it out. I think I'm just in a bad mood since I thought I had the day off today, and the demon boss decided to change the schedule and not tell me, so I have to go in. Don't you just hate that! Thinking you have a day to yourself...not that anyone wants to be around me right now. Anyway, have a great day to all of you, and thanks for checking in on me. I've been very behind on posting and reading all of yours. My brain is really not working anymore, and forming full sentences is really a task in itself. Hopefully I'll be back to myself soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

I sympathize because I've been there, done that, and got the kid to prove it. I had heartburn for 8 months, and had to keep a chocolate shake by my side almost all the time to help relieve it. The doctor said that it was ok to take tums... so they became my traveling companion wherever I went.

Take care, sweetie... and complain whenever you want to. Our shoulders are strong enough to carry the weight!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, CitySoul...

I've seen the best and the worst that pregnancy does to a woman four times over now (result #4 zonked out on my lap as I type). There are going to be good days ahead, some not so good, and then days where you will have cravings for the weirdest things imaginable. Some pregnant women have even been known to crave dirt (quite possibly because their bodies were lacking a particular mineral at the time).

Your life will never, ever be the same again... but it's gonna be good...

Again, congrats on the baby... sorry about the morning sickness...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

It is good to complain. Lord knows that is ALL I did while I was pregnant. I think the thing the women are talking about as far as it being the best thing ever doesn't come until you start feeling the baby move, and then yes I guess you could say everything else dims in comparision, but that was only when my baby was moving any other time, I bitched, moaned, whined and complained, I was the worst pregnant person.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Coconut Girl said...

hehe...well no pain no gain right? I guess you don't need to hear that one right now. As soon as that first trimester passes you by, you'll feel fit again and ready to conquer the world (and baby shopping). Are you planning to find out what it is? My heart's out to ya...hang in there. At least the vomiting will keep you from gaining too much weight. Hehe. Take care and allow yourself to be pampered!

Cheerio...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I hated being pregnant. The only cool thing was feeling the baby move and expelling it from my body. by c section.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I've never been pregnant, so I have no idea what you are going through, but hopefully it will all "even out" for you soon.

My sister is getting so big, but she's having a pretty easy pregnancy! I'm sure in the next few weeks you'll be over the sickness and can be able to, at least, try and enjoy it.

But, like I said, I have no idea what you're going through - so I'll just shut up now!

XO

4:49 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Hey complain away! You gotta vent it someplace right?

I can honestly say that I'm REALLY glad that I'm a guy and can't get pregs. :)

Hope the sickness starts to ease off. I couldn't imagine getting sick like that on a moments notice.

Don't apologize for not viewing us more. We understand you have your hands full.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o girl im right there with u right now in 2 days ill b 9 weeks cant wait till the second tri if what these ppl are saying is true good luck!!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home