Friday, February 03, 2006

quick stuff.

So I'm beginning to think someone is trying to tell me something. Last night my husband and I went out to dinner...We had sushi...yum...actually our first time going since moving from the city. On our way home....our NEW car, decided to "put put putter" out...and just die! We restarted it, and pulled into the nearest gas station. We called our warranty number...that tried to get us a tow, only to have the tow company call us to say no one could come because they didn't have a driver. Ok, no problem. We called our insurance...to have the tow people call us to say they couldn't come either. We then called our brother-in-law, that works for the company that sold us the car...he came to get us. Honda is now taking care of all of it for us. But come on! Another car with problems? Bro in law, said the car is acting fine today, but they are still going to work it over. Hmmm...strange.

Husband and I get home last night, just laughing off our luck, since that's about all you can do, when my brother came over. He walked into the kitchen and said, "why is the stove on?" The GAS stove burner, was on full flame to where the flames were jumping off the burner. Two minutes before he went in there, I went to the fridge to get a glass of water....with the lights off. If the stove had been on, I would have seen it!!! Who the hell turned it on? Now you can say maybe I bumped it. No, not even close. Even if you brushed yourself against the knob nothing would happen. For those of you that have a gas stove, or any stove, you have to push the button in, then turn it all the way around to have it on full blast. So what is going on? Am I cursed or something? All these weird things keep happening.

I have to go to work now. Jen I didn't ignore your perfect lover tag, I just haven't had time. Hopefully I can get around to it....since talking about a lover sounds a lot more fun!

Wish me luck today!

7 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

in australia, i stayed a couple nights in a friend's cabin. in this cabin, lights would go on and off by themselves, i would often 'misplace' items although i rarely ever do that, and the sounds of footsteps were everywhere despite the cabin was in the middle of the woods and i was alone. a couple of sleepless nights later, my friend told me the cabin was haunted by the ghosts of its caretakers. sweet.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

weird stuff happens at our house all the time. maybe it's a ghost???

12:18 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Hmmmmm.... I agree with Jules about the ghost.
Gas stoves just don't turn on by themselves. I have one, and I know what you mean. You have to really fiddle with the knob to turn it on.

Perhaps an exorcist is needed? Only kidding, but it is creepy nonetheless.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Man, that's pretty weird!

Hope you get your car fixed soon.

That sucks that they couldn't find a tow guy for ya. :/

The stove thing is just too weird!

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Don't stress about the tag girl! Take your sweet time! I'll still be here when you get to it!

Sorry to hear about the car! I hope they get it fixed!

I don't know what to say about the stove. That is just too weird!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

Car problems stink! Something us NY city girls never had to worry before. It'll get better. Keep your chin up.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks for the compliment! I love my new blog! I just have to keep opening it and looking at it!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home