Monday, January 23, 2006

for those of us..

I thought I would share this, if you haven't seen it already. For those of us that lived it....or others that may have just witnessed it.




You know you're a 90's kid if:

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"

You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"

You've worn skorts and felt stylish

You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club

You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had fluffed bangs

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in kindergarten

You remember reading "Goosebumps"

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You remember the craze then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

You ever got injured on a Slip 'n' Slide

You wore socks over leggings"Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back"

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players

You knew what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare"

You remember Vicki the RobotYou remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"

You played and or collected "Pogs"

You owned a Skip It

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank"

You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You know the Macarena by heart.

"Talk to the hand" ... enough said

6 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn said...

yeah, most of what we did looked stupid! didn't know that then though. trends...oh well.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I went through Ninja Turtles, Goosebumps and Pogs with my son while he was growing up in the 90's. We had to have every action figure they put out on the Turtles, and every Goosebump book published. I actually liked Goosebumps, and read a few myself.

I also liked Stephanies "how rude" remark, and still say it.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

Wow do I feel old. While this list is female centric I still remember 'psyche' and 'not'. Oh man 90s linguistics were ridiculous.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons. Sniff.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Oh...what a trip down memory lane! The one about the pony tail on the side of the head - I'm guilty! LOL

And, yes, I looked like an idiot! ;o)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Thanks now I feel old! ;)

10:44 AM  
Blogger girlfiend said...

I'm stuck in between being a child of the 80s and child of the 90s. I think I was too old for half of this.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home