Monday, January 23, 2006

Where'd you go?

It seems that I have lost my thunder for posting...and I'm not the only one. I went through everyone on my blogroll and it seems that many have also lost that spark to write everyday. What was it that I got from it originally? Writing anonymously for others to observe. It gave me the ability to be open and honest...like writing in a diary, but better, because your diary and it's many personalities could write back. Did I become too boring for my own diary, my mundane life not exciting enough to share? I don't know really, but I think I miss it.

My friends from NY, keep trying to recruit me to join myspace.com. I have been avoiding it to no end. To me it seems a cheesy "blog" site (if you can even call it that) to meet other people. It's an online meat market to show off how hot you are, rather than stories and experiences to share. Last night I gave in and set up a profile...ONLY to keep in contact with my friends. I have no urge to post...and I'm sure the people on there have no urge to read.

Isn't that ironic in a way? The people that know me...in person I mean...know me less than the people that know me here. Better explained: My myspace friends, will hear nothing about what is going on with my life..other than a picture and a "yo whats up." The people on this blog site hear everything that I feel and go through on a daily basis, when I take the time to write, but you don't even know my first name.

I guess what I'm saying by all of this is I appreciate this place and all of our writing.
It's real...it's mundane. So I'm welcoming myself back, to writing about laundry...or my sick dogs...or anything I feel the urge to say. I hope you all continue to do the same.


oh, and no offense to any myspacers....it's cool...really.

11 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

I feel the same way about myspace, I also tried it as well and didn't like it. I am glad to read that you will be writing more often, laundry and sick dogs are not really all that boring.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

I have a myspace account as well, but only to keep up with my friends blogs on it. I've never posted on it nor will I ever. Most of those friends who use myspace do so to hook up and show off their hot bodies. Maybe if I nice boobies I'd post a pic. Then again a man with nice boobies would be pretty disturbing.

I've noticed a lack of posting on my blog roll as well. I haven't figured out why either. Maybe it's the post holiday crash or maybe people are burnt out, but I miss the daily reads of my regular blog views including yours.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - I wouldn't worry too much. We've all gone through our little droughts. It's natural and you shouldn't be discouraged. I enjoy reading about you. And I don't care if you don't post your name, I don't post mine either.

I'll always stop by and check your writing out.

Don't give up, k?

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Citysoul- You have been, and always will be one of the sites I check out on a regular basis when going through blogroll.
I love your stories, and find we have some similar geographical locations in common. I may not always comment, but I ALWAYS read... and think you have a great writing style that I come back for.

Keep up the good work, and write when you can. As Neo said, we have all gone through droughts.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

bitsofbette: thanks...glad to know someone doesn't think it is!

wiwillie: you could post your man boobies.

neo: no worries...thanks!

ellen: I do the same with you, I'm glad you come by.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I just deleted my Myspace profile...I kept getting messages from guys...hence the meat market! I hate Myspace. I have the same reasons for blogging. I llike that I can write about me and if someone wants to read it they can and if I feel like venting I can. It's great for me. I'd much rather blog than leave a note on Myspace! Hope you find stuff to blog about. Thanks for coming and saying Hi. I was thinking about you the other day and wondered what you have been upto? How's the job?

4:00 PM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

It's funny. I was on myspace before I got on here and while I still use it to keep in touch with hs friends, etc. it's just not hte same. Too many random men and stupid proposals came my way. I feel the same inertia about writing on here lately. And i have so much to say. Sometimes I guess its because I feel like no one reads it so what's the point. Maybe I'll find my mojo soon. I hope you find yours!!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I've noticed the same thing too! Maybe the urge to write just comes in spurts.

I always check your blog - just to see if you've updated, and I feel terrible when I don't post everyday, but sometimes I just don't feel it - or I'm way too busy.

But I love hearing about all of your "mundane" stuff. It really brightens my day.

I'm heading your way this weekend. Wanna get drunk? LOL

9:22 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

mike: thank you!

Jules:the job is going as well as a job can I guess...slow after the holidays, but not what I really want to do with my life, but it's ok. thanks for asking

hollie: I check on you all the time to see if you wrote, I'm sure there are more people that read it than you think.

Jen: sure! where are you gonna be?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Just ME said...

I recently was 'forced' to join myspace as well. I don't use it for much other than keeping up with friends, and don't find it half as interesting as reading my blogroll, even if I don't comment a lot. so, welcome back.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey city...

Just wanted to let you know that you need to make your sitemeter private so no one can access it. I have had to change my blog address because of some psycho stalker who put my picture and my cousin Stacy's on her blog...She also took one from your blog or your flickr. It's the one where you are standing in the window. Just thought I'd let you know. email me at gsjules@gmail.com and I will give you my new blog address....

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home