Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm alive.


Ok, so the car is fine...and the stove is no longer igniting itself. Just in case anyone was wondering. But I did get the flu. Obviously positive thinking can't exactly fight off germs. Husband got it bad...I took vitamins and told my body not to let those little buggers in...body ignored me. A few days of a sore throat and coughing fits...body aches that could take down a giant...and I'm feeling up to sitting in a computer chair.

I cannot wait for Spring! I'm sure many of you are feeling that also. Not that it has been a painful winter. Husband and I did move from NYC to CT in October. One of the main reasons we wanted to move here was for the outdoors. I love nature...trees...water...etc. NYC you can get a bit of that in Central Park, but it's really not the same. Our move in Fall, didn't give us anytime to fully enjoy it. Now I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Whenever I see the sun shining I drive with the sunroof open. I think I'm getting frostbite. Warm weather is so nice. I really am just so excited for it to come.

So here's to positive thinking....spring...please oh please...come early!

11 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

no way! winter until may! ok, not winter, but snow and cold temps! being sick sucks

11:35 AM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

I think the groundhog thwarted your plans. Hope you feel better. Dr Wiwille thinks you may want to keep the sunroof closed to avoid any further illness.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Oh, I'm so glad the stove is behaving, and the car is ok too.

So sorry to hear about the flu... what a pain it is to be stuffed up and bone weary. Glad to hear you are on the way to recovery.
Lots of hot tea with lemon and honey for that sore throat.... works everytime!

According to our groundhog, spring is on the way, even if it is a bit chilly here, and we are expecting snow tomorrow. If it's any consolation, the trees have been tricked into budding, and the daffodils are sprouting already here. Who says you can't fool Mother Nature?

Take care!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Just ME said...

glad to hear your feeling a little better, being sick always stinks, and don't worry spring isn't too far off.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

God, I love Spring! I think you appreciate it more when you have seasons. We've had amazing weather in LA but its always good in some way. Glad to see your feeling better. I've missed reading your blog. Can you email me at hollienoverton@aol.com. I want your help posting pictures. I've tried going on blogger but their computer speak confuses me. It'd be much appreciated!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Glad you're back. I've been MIA too!

I got strep throat - so I know how it goes with the "sick" thing. Glad you're feeling better.

BRING ON SPRING!!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Sorry to hear about your FLU. If you makes you feel any better my whole body is sore from stumbling through all this snow we got!

Try to get some soup broth into you, and some OJ.

Get better soon.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Happy Valentines Day, City!

4:24 PM  
Blogger AlterKATEtion said...

Your stove turning on by itself? Yikes! I hope it stays obedient to you.

This is the only time I love living in Houston. It's cold enough to wear a jacket in the morning but just warm enough to roll down the windows and enjoy the air. And summer seems far, far away.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

THanks Ellen!

7:35 PM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Awe- Poor CS... I had the flu last week too... I sympathize with ya girl!
ajoy

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home