Tuesday, October 18, 2005

100 things






ALL ABOUT ME

1. I grew up in Jacksonville, Fl. People don't think of Florida as the South...all I can say is visit North FL.

2.I lived in a real live trailer when I was 5...no, not in a trailer park...just somewhere in the woods.

3.I have grandparents that live in a peanut field in Nashville, GA, yes I mean GA, not Tenn.

4.I lived in CT for my 4yrs of highschool and was made fun of for my southern accent...."where yall goin now?"...I practiced every day until I could speak without one...now I would like it back.

5.I moved to NYC the summer after highschool graduation with a backpack and $100.00.

6. My first date in NYC I was 18, and he was a model photographer...he was 36....but lied and told me he was 28...(I believed him.)

7.The next man I dated told me he was straight....he lied....( I believed him)

8. I met my husband when I was 19, I thought he was beautiful ( I still do)

9. I partied and did many drugs....my parents once found out and threatened to send me to rehab.

10. My boyfriend (husband now) and I broke up and he moved to LA for an acting job.

11. I dated a man with an STD...he lied...and never told me...no I didn't get it.

12. He dumped me and was the only person to ever break my heart and to treat me like complete shit.

13. I've dated a few famous rockstars

14. I've made out with a few famous movie stars.

15. I have three tattoos.

16. I've had many piercings...nose,ears, tounge, nipples...belly...most of which I no longer have.

17. I've had many jobs...grocery store, dry cleaners, cocktail waitress, shot girl, bartender

18. I was enrolled in nursing school before I moved to NYC to be a model.

19. I've been to acting school and to college for business

20. I still don't know what I want to do with my life.

21. My boyfriend moved back from LA and we got back together.

22. We got married June 15th 2005.

23. He was a model and soap actor that has given it all up for a quieter life and to have a family.

24. I have a younger sister...she's always been the smart one.

25. I have a younger brother, he acts very much like my father...and sometimes lacks compassion.

25. My parents divorced 2 1/2 years ago.

26. My father has cheated on my mother...probably numerous times.

27. He left my mother for a younger woman....then tried to come back.

28. My mother remarried another man this summer...I .like him.

29. In the past I have cheated on all of my boyfriends and felt no guilt.

30. I have never cheated on my husband.

31. My best friends are my mother and sister, both of whom I speak with everyday.

32. My father is engaged to "the other woman".

33. We are rebuilding our relationship.

34. My mother is a nurse.

35. My mother was raped as a child.

36. She had an addiction to morphine when I was a teenager.

37. My mother is one of the strongest people I know.

38. My dad is Jewish and my mother southern Baptist.

39. I was raised Christian for a while...then just spiritual.

40. I once wore a cross necklace in an elementary school picture, I saw the photo framed at my Jewish grandmother's house....with the cross colored over with pen.

41. I got married at city hall in NYC with a best friend as a witness...she also got married that day.

42. I hate to sing karaoke....my husband loves it. (now if I had a decent voice...that would be a different story.)

43. I moved to CT two weeks ago (oct 1, 2005) from NY.

44. I miss NY

45. when the weather is nice I'm in a better mood and it's easier to adjust to the culture change.

46. I refuse to ever get a "bob" haircut.

47. I will never own a minivan

48. Two weeks ago I could drink 10 shots of jameson in one night ( at work )- hey , I was a bartender.

49. My favorite cocktail is kettle one and club soda

50. I have not drank since I've been here...and I do not miss it

51. I do not miss my old job...or my old apartment

52. My bedtime used to be 5am...it is now around midnight.

53. I hate not having things to do...I get very anxious

54. I own three dogs...a yorkie, Boston terrier...and an epileptic chihuahua.

55. I love my new apartment.

56. I love how nice people are here.

57. I thought new yorkers were nice until I moved away.

58. I used to get angry if someone bumped into me...now I think there is just more space so it doesn't happen as often.

59. I witnessed the terrorist attacks of 9-11

60. I still have a fear of flying and will start to panic a few days before I have to

61. I have been to therapists before.

62. I really just felt like talking and wondered what it was all about...I never got anything from it thought it was a waste of money.

63. I'm a great listener.

64. Friends tell me I should be a motivational speaker...I give great encouragement.

65. I love spaghetti.

66. I love interior design. I think it's important to have a space you feel comfortable in.

67. I like things to be clean, or it makes me uncomfortable.

68. I hate arrogant people.

69. I dated a man that was 38 when I was 22. He would introduce me as "this is -------- isn't she pretty."

70. I broke up with him...I'm not an idiot.

71. I did very well in school.

72. I was a cheerleader and the captain of the cheerleading squad...but I was not a bubbly bitch.

73. I once did a photoshoot for the cover of "American Cheerleader" magazine. No they did not know I was a cheerleader in highschool.

74. I once dated the most gorgeous male model that I met during a cosmo photoshoot and dumped him because he was soooo damn boring and stupid.

75. I was once on one of those dating shows on tv. I did not like my date.

76. I donated all the money I had to hurricane katrina victims so I couldn't pay my rent that month....well, it was very late.

77. I have a great sense of humor, I love to laugh and make people laugh.

78. I watch "Extreme Home Makeover" and cry every time.

79. I love animals....hence the three dogs.

80. I just got a job selling jewelry...I start in a few weeks.

81. One of my customers at my last bar job told me I could sell ice cream to an Eskimo. ( he was drunk...but hey a compliment is a compliment)

82. I hate sweets....I don't like chocolate.

83. too many bites of sweet stuff will make me nauseous.

84. I love salty food

85. I have been very thin my whole life. Most of it as a child/teenager I was made fun of and called anorexic.

86. My nickname in highschool was twiggy...my sister was twiggy jr.

87. I have had 4 friends with bulimia.

88. I have never had an eating disorder, but have been accused of it many times.

89. I eat more than my husband...he doesn't know where I put it.

90. I have only recently become happy with my body. I am an adult and still eat anything and everything I want and stay thin...I used to hate it and wished I had more curves.

91. I think men with tattoos are sexy.

92. I think women with tattoos are sexy.

93. I've made out with a girl before...I'm not gay or bisexual.

94. I can appreciate the beauty of another woman...I am not catty.

95. I think I have a good fashion sense and I love to dress other people.

96. I would like to have children one day.

97. my husband would like a child soon.

98. I think nurturing and caring are some of my best qualities.

99. I wish I could relax more often and just be content.

100. My biggest fears are getting old...and death.

15 Comments:

Blogger Aymster said...

LOVE your list! I started one of these lists myself, but I haven't had time to finish.

#20) me neither
#21) sounds like what's in my future.
#30) never cheated on him
#88) for years, my parents thought I had an eating disorder. I never did, I was just thin(this was on my list too).

I'm gonna go get on my list now!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Ambrrrr said...

Nice getting to know you. I did one of these so long ago, at least months, and I'm trying to find it and link to it on the main page. Keep it coming :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Just ME said...

Fantastic! what a great way to let everyone know about you, its nice to know there are others who have had similar life experiences. I think I just might have to do one of these on my blog.

8:16 PM  
Blogger cityman05 said...

Sounds great. We are actually a lot alike. I have never made out with any famous people though. LOL.

I think you would make a great mother, too.

cool list. You are very intersting.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

I wish more people were as adamant about not owning minivans. Making out with famous people would be cool, then again I'm so unattractive I could probably only get Richard Simmons. And I'm straight.

3:45 AM  
Blogger highcontrast said...

yowza. that's a lot to digest. interesting about 29 and 30. i recently hooked up with someone who cheated on their b/f and felt no guilt, and then said they wanted to be with me. i wondered if cheating is something that i'd always have to worry about with him or if you just don't cheat when you've finally found the "one"? thoughts?

10:23 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Amazing list! I bet you were able to reinforce a lot of aspects about yourself while making this...good way for self exploration and affirmation, I may have to do just the same. You seem like such a sweetheart who has gone through a lot and are looking towards a bright yet new and challanging future!


I totally relate to #'s 7, 25, 72, 93 & 94 sista!

Highcontrast: I think that all the cheating and games that goes on pre- finding "The One" doesn't really count.. b/c you were just exploring to find out who is right for you..What does count is that after finding this person who really matters to you, staying true to them and most importantly yourself. (awwe)
alannajoy

10:47 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

Highcontrast: Most of the times I put myself in relationships that were lacking in some way, I would then look outside of them to fill that "void".

Alanajoy: talk about self exploration! It's strange to make a list like this and read back over it...also scary to put so much of yourself out there. Many people may not agree with so much of it. I look back at it and say, "wow, this isn't just a list...it's my life." I left so much out also. You should try it...definitely interesting.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I think I might try it also. Thanks for your sharing so much of yourself.

P.S. I cry every damn Sunday night too. LOL

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

Thanks for telling us a hundred things about yourself :) U should use a brighter font, dull green looks hardly visible against a black background :) u said u were a Christian before, so you would no who to turn to to quell your fears of getting old and death :)

8:28 PM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

Wow... thank you soo much for commenting on my blog. that was very sweet of you. I really enjoyed reading your post too. Very nice getting to know you all the way from south africa. All the best on your "new" home and hope everything works out for the best.

Wow, you are beautiful. No, i am not bisexual or lesbian, just i appreciate beauty of another woman. ;)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

it is amazing how life goes chitney, thanks for the wonderful words...I don't know about successful and inspirational, I feel far from that, but it means a lot to hear that.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I too love your list! I have some of the same things on my list....it's all in my head! maybe one day I'll be brutally honest and blog it! Your pictures on your blog are amazing!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

WOW - some of that was sad, yet you must be such a strong person for it all now!?

Thanks for the honesty - its a bit of an eye-opener. You sound like such a Legend!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Came back to visit to see how you were doing in your new city. LOVE the list. As you could see from mine (http://rtbetts.modblog.com) I have not made it to 100 yet. I did however quit using that site and am going to transfer the list as soon as I reach 100 to my blogger account. See you soon.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home