Saturday, October 15, 2005

And on the 13th day....The sun came out


Tomorrow I will have been here for two weeks, and I swear it has been raining for 98 percent of that time! Talk about putting a damper on trying to adjust to a new place. I woke up today and it has stopped...and the forecast is predicting a little sun. That's all I need...a little sun. Everything is wet...and the brooke behind my apartment has gone from a slow trickle to a raging river....Seriously. When I open a window, or the back door, it has the sound of a huge waterfall. I guess some people pay money to have one of those sound machines that gives you recordings of this kind of stuff. I think I like it.


So I'm helping my sister move into a new apartment today. She's moving into my apartment complex....just a few buildings down. She's 25 and in grad school to be a nurse anethesist. She's moving here to be closer to school so she doesn't have such a long drive everyday. She decided to move in here with her fiance and since they've decided to break off their engagement, and live apart....at least for a few months. So today at the least should be interesting....he will be helping us move her.


Husband starts work on Monday, and I'll be home alone. I'm visiting family the last week of October in Florida and Georgia, (yes I'm a city girl, from the south- North Florida) so I won't be getting a job until November. Home alone in the suburbs. What will I do? Maybe I should start collecting pine cones for those crafts to sell on eBay....I better get started....you know what apartments in NYC go for these days??....it's gonna take a few.

5 Comments:

Blogger cityman05 said...

You've got a really cool blog. Sounds liek you have an interesting life as well.

I'll have to check back more often. I enjoyed reading.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that things are a little better for you. Sorry about your sister though, that sucks. Hope she's OK. BTW: How are your puppies adjusting to the grass? ;o)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

They Love it here! thanks for asking. They haven't had too much outside time since it was raining for almost 2 weeks...but our aparment is so much larger than NYC, so they run around inside...they love that also.

9:03 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Awesome pic- Beautiful!
alannajoy

3:29 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

This is a beautiful picture. It must be nice to have a yard for your pups to play, a little river, and your sister next door.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home