Monday, September 26, 2005

I want to be a Ballerina when I grow up.


What? It's too late?? I'm grown up already? Damn it! I hate when that happens! So really...my latest pondering is what career I want to go into, now that I'm leaving Manhattan. For the past 8 yrs. I was modeling and acting. I've had some success...mostly a lot of independent films that get made and disappear into the indie film black hole never to be seen again...unless of course you become famous...then they resurface to haunt you....ie: Jennifer Aniston in leprechaun, need I say more? As for the modeling, I have a great portfolio and magazine tearsheats....enough to make Granny proud that she can keep in a drawer and embarrass me with friends and neighbors. Before I moved to NYC, after graduating high school, I was enrolled at UCONN nursing school. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so it was an easy choice...just to choose what my mother does...she's an RN. When I had the opportunity to move to NY and travel around the world...it all sounded so glamorous. There were times when it was, I saw amazing things...met interesting people. I did have to grow up very quickly though, there is so much about the business that fits every stereo type you've ever heard. It's a very fast paced life...no time to stop and appreciate what is really important. It is a rat race. You're only as good as your last job. It didn't make me happy...and I have no drive to get ahead. To make it in the business you have to have a passion for it, and understand that you may never make it. You could eat Ramen for the next 10yrs...and may never get a big break...but thats still ok. All the more power to the people that hold out for that.....the small chance...that it could happen. So back to what I want to do now?? The thought of 9-5's scare me...but maybe I'm just scared of the unknown...something I've never done. I will go back to school to finish my degree....I just need to figure out what kind of degree I'm going to get.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Citysoul Nice layout. I don't like making somebody else rich either.

One of these days, after I hit the lottery, I'll get out.

Good luck with that degree.

Greetz from Philly..

3:33 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

there's this book, the title escapes me, but it's a photo book about ballarina's feet. and they're gnarly. i guess standing on your toes isn't good for you.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home