Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Breakin' the news...

















So last night I met some people out that I work with for my belated bday/ "break the news I'm moving" get together. By the way, I bartend part time. I went out thinking how depressing it was. The weather felt great...people were out walking around...damn I was going to miss all of this. Then I got to the bar to see so many people show up, just to see me, and I thought, "wow, I'm lucky." How could I possibly leave this? But then after a few kettle and sodas...even a few shots of Jameson...I quickly grew bored! I was ready to go home to see Husband who was sleeping....he works early. I love my friends here, but I'm ready to move on. Just as they would if the opportunity ever came up. After hugs, kisses, and promises of visits...to what seems like another world to New Yorkers....I walked...ok stumbled, out of the bar and felt good that I was headed for something new....with a freakin headache.

4 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn said...

I think I know that.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

I hope so! There is so much to be missed.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

what? you can't see me coming back to Manhattan checkin' out the scene with two chilluns' on my hip?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

you're so funny...;)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home