Saturday, September 17, 2005

One day closer...


So today is my birthday. I'm in CT staying with my sister...spent some time with the mother and new step dad...tomorrow some time with Dad...and soon to be step mom. Still so strange, they only divorced two years ago. Whatever, as long as they're happy.

Husband and I looked at a few apartments today. Very big...and great prices....but you could sell me a shoe box with a bottle cap filled with water, and tell me it was a luxury pad with a pool, and I'd believe you. After 9 years in Manhattan, your judge of a good deal becomes a bit distorted. They did offer Husband a job at one of the companies he interviewed with, the pay is good. We are still feeling hesitant though. Change is hard. Exciting, but hard. Can I really leave the city? I probably will. And I will probably cry for the first month. I will probably be bored...and I will probably try to run back at least 5 times before I settle in. I think I'm up for the challenge.

Off to bed....
Happy Birtday to me....
one day closer...
to being a real adult...
to finding myself...
to a new life...

3 Comments:

Blogger Belle said...

Birthday Girl!
Thank you for reading, leaving a message.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

no way, I have the same birthday! I'm sure yours was more fun than mine...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

Happy bday to you too Melissa

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home