Monday, September 12, 2005

You can take the girl out of the city...but you can't take the sOuL


So today may be the day. Hopefully my husband will hear if he got this amazing job opportunity in CT. I can't even believe we are even considering moving out of NYC. After 9 years here, 9 long years......9 amazingly eventful years.....I am thinking of moving to the suburbs!! Bigger living spaces....trees....cleaner air....better to have kids....trees.....blah blah blah. I'm actually very torn. I love Manhattan with all of my soul. I live and breathe city streets, shopping, deli coffee, 24 hr. food delivery....partying till 4am...then after hours....the diversity of the people....the crazy possiblity that any given day, you do not and can not predict what will happen....who you will meet. I came here a teenager....wide eyed with big dreams. I'm leaving.....smarter, more cultured, a critical thinker, compassionate....and a little jaded. I'm no longer a child, but this Saturday will be 27 and a newlywed of a couple of months. Thank you New York....for taking me in, making me one of your own....and sending me off in true NY fashion....with a big heart, great style and a chip on my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home