Monday, September 19, 2005

Shakin in my Manolos'



So yesterday Husband and I put a deposit on a new apartment in CT. He has decided to accept the job. It seems like the most positive move we can make in our lives now....so why am I soooo damn scared!? I've been in NYC since I was 18....and it's been one long party. I came here modeling and acting, and had a great time. There are more important things to me in life now, and I am no longer satisfied with an unstable career. When you're in the entertainment industry sometimes you have a few great months, working and making money....but then you never know when the next job is coming. I would like to know that there is a paycheck coming every week....at least some kind of stability. It has also given me a distorted self image...I always feel sooo old. It's not so much that every other actor is younger than me, most people here lie about their age, and I have too. So I'm admitting it now...I'm 27 yrs. old! Husband is also dying to have a kid....and with our apartment now, it would have to sleep in the bathtub...and play catch on the fire escape. I guess CT is not so far either....if I start having withdrawls....NY is just a short ride, a state away. I think all this talk is trying to calm my nerves right now! It's definitely going to take some getting used to. We may be going as soon as two weeks.....ahhhhh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aymster said...

Hey City Soul. Maybe your grass WILL be greener now over in CT. Bigger and better things, ya know? It's hard adjusting, especially coming from the greatest city in the world, but you'll make the best of it. At least you will be close enough where you can you go back when you want. I wish I could...

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home