Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Things I love....and desperately miss

Things I love about CT

  • space, space and more space!
  • seeing my family a couple of times a week
  • the brooke behind my apartment
  • having a car again and not needing public transportation
  • learning how to just "be"...not constantly on the move
  • peaceful and relaxing
  • super nice people! (especially cashiers...they no longer throw my groceries into bags)
  • slower pace of life and learning how to appreciate the small things

Things I desperately miss about NYC

  • my little morning coffee shop
  • the neighbors in my old building, none of which could speak much english, but still knew my name...and the names of my dogs
  • walking around...just to walk, with so much to see
  • the "energy" of the city
  • the attitude of new yorkers
  • fast pace of life...and knowing that anything is possible that day

I'm still having homesickness...mainly at night. But I've only been here for a week, I'm keeping an open mind. I have to keep reminding myself that we moved here to have a better way of life, for us! So those of you that would take the city any day over this...I understand, and I feel you!! I am here to be near family...to have my own family. I love NYC and I'm having major withdrawls....I feel I need a support group. My name is City...and I'm an addict.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane said...

Hope everything is getting better for you. As long as you have each other, you will be fine. Maybe you could take a day/night trip every once in awhile??

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home