Sunday, May 21, 2006

soccer mom? not me!


Oh Dear Rap, Hip hop...house and Trance why do you torture me so? Actually all this music I hear on the radio is strangely making me miss Manhattan more than ever. It reminds me of the days of VIP sections, bottles of grey goose, and dancing on tables until the sun came up. Maybe it's the hormones making me all misty eyed...but damnit...I miss those days of being young (ok I know it was less than a year ago), carefree...and feeling pretty damn cool. Visions of turning into a soccer mom are filling my head and it's scaring the poopy diapers out of me! What the hell will I do with a baby?? I swear...I sing obnoxious rap songs...I still like to dance on tables...though soon I may break one...I like to wear bikinis and skull and bone necklaces...I'm a rockstar at heart with a voice that could break a mirror. How can I be someone's mother? I'm sure every first time mom goes through the "I don't know if I can do it" phase...but dreaming nightly your baby is a 3 headed teenage monster itsn't helping! I'm sure it will all come to me...just take it day by day and do the best I can...though I won't sell out...bob haircut and mr. minivan! I won't do it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I'm a rockstar mom. At least I think I am. I drive a minivan with music blaring out the windows. My daughter and I singing at the top of our lungs. I love it! 'course, it took me 10 years to get there but.....ok. Now listen, you can still do those things every now and again....most mom's do. Don't miss your old life too much because this new life you are growing inside of you will give you more than you ever imagined (or bargained for) ...Go read "Ellen" on my links. She's a fairly new mom and you might learn some stuff from her. You will be a good momma. Don't worry. It is scary and hard but completely worth it when you hear your child saying something that makes you realize what a cool person they are becoming. (of course there are the moments where you'd like to beat the hell out of them too but that passes...)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

Jules: you make me laugh! Thanks!

Ms. Betty Ann: It was my decision to move here...and as for selling out...I never felt more sold out than when I was modeling...thanks for the words, and best of luck to you.

Ellen: those were the days huh? lol.

6:34 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

soccer moms rule! and get a mini-van, they're so hot! i'm actually not kidding.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Hey look at it this way. You'll be the hottest soccer mom at the game. :)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

2:04 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I think you'll do a fantastic job as a mommy! You have a great heart and an open soul! Your child will be lucky to have you as a mother!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

Being male I can't relate, but wouldn't it be cool to be the hot mom?

11:41 PM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Don't do it CS! You keep your long blonde locks, rock the skull & bones and rhyme away to your tunes.. You are going to be the hottest Momma in the neighborhood!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home