Sunday, November 06, 2005

weekend warrior

Jump in car and slam door...make sure all doors are locked and no one is hiding in the back seat.

Honey?? Yes? I'm never seeing a movie like that again.
Him: Come on, laughing, Saw 2 was great.
Me: I don't know...the older I get...the more gruesome...it seems scarier than when I was a kid.
Him: Babe, you smell that?
Me: Yes....what is that??
Him: Smells like this beater we're been borrowing from your grandparents is about to shit out.

Car: proceeds to pour smoke from hood and fill inside with smoke to not allow inside passengers to see 1inch in front of them while driving 65 on the highway.

Car slowly comes to a stop on the side of the highway, completely dark...flickering street lamp...the wind suddenly picks up speed and howls, the perfect scene for every horror film ever written.

Call AAA for tow truck.

Wait for 45 minutes, for Bob and Joe to pick us up. Put us in the back seat where they have a laptop playing scenes from, "Girls Gone Wild." Hmmm, what scary movie am I in?

Make it home safely...vow to see no more horror films...at least for a week.
Buy new car tomorrow. Whew. What a weekend.


"You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music" -- Jim Carrey

8 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Great story, Citysoul! I half expected to read about an ax murderer tapping on the door while you were waiting for the tow. You had me at the edge of my seat!

How true about the Jim Carrey line, life would be so much easier if we had the music to accompany the moods of the moment, giving us the chance to be in on the plan of things to happen.

10:40 AM  
Blogger john boy said...

Glad you made it through the night with all your body parts intact.
I agree. I enjoyed horror flicks when I was younger, but they don't do much for me now.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

scarry movies?! now days i have to change chanels when a COMMERCIAL for a scary movie comes on!! i totaly hear what you're saying.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

scary stuff girl! I am on my way across country I went through Texas and all I could think about was the movie Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I will NEVER watch it again.

I LOVE the banner City! Looks great!

10:41 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

nice story! scary movies have a weird way of tapping into your subconscious after you've watched it. I've vowed not to watch horror movies for a while too...couldnt sleep! The weird thing is I wasnt that scared when I watched it but after the movie, I got paranoid and it got harder to sleep..but im okei now...

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Sorry to hear about your car. That sucks! At least you had your hubby with you. You know that in almost every scary movie, the guy usually gets it! Just Kidding. ;o)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

sounds like the time i went camping less than 3 days after seeing The Blair Witch Project. boyfriend went to town to get the matches we forgot, me sitting in dark woods by myself. cue strange voices coming from forest and panic attack.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

aymster: so you're coming back to the east coast?

Jen: lol..funny

Mike: nope..we bought a Honda

A girl: I would have also!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home