Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Georgia oN mY mInD



So I've been here in Georgia for a few days now. Shout out to Mike, (fellow blogger's home state). The weather has been lovely...75-80 and sunny. Big change from freezing and raining CT. Life moves at a slower pace here in this little town...and so do the computers. Well, at least my grandparents...I forgot what it was like to not have a cable modem...all I can say is you need a little patience. It takes me a good hour to get online just to check my email, so I'm sure you can see I'm running out of things to keep me busy if I'm online posting. I haven't been able to take any pictures of the peanut field, as I'm sure you were all so desperately waiting to see...there were no peanuts planted this year. Behind their house there is now a cotton field. It's interesting if you've never seen how cotton grows...actual little white fluffy balls on a plant. More loads of fun. Well, all sarcasm aside I must say Georgia has the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen...the picture above is one I took the first night here. Every night it seems to be a different color.
The family drama has been kept to a minimum....only a few tears today. My grandmother seems to tell a quite different story of my mother's dramatic childhood than the one my mother actually remembers. My mother, then 5 yrs. old, was home with her soon to be stepfather one day alone. He packed a bag for her and pushed her outside for most of the day and told her to leave. He told her they were going to have new children and they wouldn't want her around anymore. My grandmother came home and he told her that my mother was trying to leave. He spanked her in front of my grandmother for lying, when she was actually telling the truth. My grandmother believed him...and tells the story almost as a joke today. My mother seems to be a bit traumatized by the event. She remembers the tiny suitcase she was forced to pack and feeling that day that no one wanted her. Everyone has their own skeletons...sometimes they are better left packed away.
I love my family...but I'm looking foward to returning home. I miss my husband...I miss my new home...and I'm happy to hear myself say for the first time...I miss Connecticut.

10 Comments:

Blogger alannajoy said...

Awwwe...You admitted it, you're starting to call CT home! Glad you are having a nice time with ur fam, but I hear u with the drama, when my family gets together who knows what stories or skeletons come out of the closet...it is a free for all!
Enjoy the rest of ur trip!
alannajoy

8:13 PM  
Blogger Fotu said...

Hey girl,

Hope all goes well with your family and with the move!

Just had to say I love these pics - so beautiful!!!

8)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Just ME said...

Another beautiful pic. Glad to hear that the trip is going pretty well. My family is the other type--no one talks about the skeletons, we all know they are there its just not talked about.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I used to love hearing my Gran's stories (before she passed away). Her version and my mom's were always so different...I found that to be hilarious.

I hope your mom has some good memories to hang on to as well. ;o)

Have a safe trip home. XOXO

8:20 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Awesome sunset!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Beautiful sunset!

It's very sad to hear something like that happened. That's very traumatic for a little one. It seems like your family has moved past that and get along together nicely.

It's nice to hear you miss CT!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

City your fantastic with that Camera, nice shots hey! :)
Sorry about the story - Who ever believes the innocent?? Sad:(
Have a good time when you get home!

6:34 PM  
Blogger brandon said...

My family from Tennessee and Chicago are coming this weekend to MY house. I hope they leave the family drama at their house, I know what you are saying.

10:31 PM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

Wow... nice to hear that CT is growing on you. All the best sweety-pie!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Just roam and noticed that you moved to CT...I am in CT as well. Very nice pictures.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home