Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's my party!...

And I'll cry if I want to!

Last night at 1am, my new girlfriend from work called sobbing. She was supposed to meet up with her boyfriend at 1030pm. When he didn't show up she went to the bar where he was having his Christmas party. She found him in the back room making out with another girl. She ran out as he chased her screaming. I feel bad that she has to go through that. She needs to break up with him though. This isn't the first time he's done that to her...and he also cheated on his first wife. He's 37...He's not 19. He's a grown man, and if he hasn't changed by now, he probably won't. I can't see wasting time in a relationship where there is no trust. She also has a 7 year old daughter. Speaking from a girl that had a mother with a cheating husband, it really doesn't set the best example. I guess I'm telling this story because she called me...To tell me...Above all people. It kind made me feel good. Seeing as I don't any girlfriends here besides my mother and sister...And they have no choice. It's nice when someone chooses you to confide in....It's hard starting over. I feel real friends are not easy to come by the older you get.

This morning my sister shows up at my apartment to go shopping for our party tonight. She had her Christmas get together last night with everyone from the hospital. Her and Dr. Dreamy had a great night talking and getting to know one another. I guess my tone of voice wasn't exactly supportive because we ended up arguing and her backing out of coming tonight! Why do I feel like her breaking up with her fiance has anything to do with me? I do want her to be happy. I just don't want her to get hurt and make some of the same stupid mistakes I did. I guess we all need to learn on our own. If Dr. Dreamy is who she wants, then I guess I better start accepting it. Anyway, we made up and now she's napping in my room while I set up for the party.

Hmmm...I guess it will be interesting above all. Work girlfriend is now coming alone....with a bag of tears. My sister will be there....and so will fiance she is breaking up with. Nothing like a good sack of drama to top off the festivities. Add liquor to the mix, theres sure to be plenty of fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

sounds like not fun. I hate transitions. that's what those are... lives transitioning....I was cheated on bad...tell your friend to cut her loses now!!!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

It's hard enough dealing with holiday stress, but having a cheating boyfriend can't help. Drama..dear drama..must you pain us so?

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Sounds like you won't be bored for awhile!

I can't wait to hear how the party went!!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Interesting, very interesting.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home