Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday 13



Thirteen Things about CITY


1. I still am not feeling the christmas spirit. It was always my favorite holiday, not just the presents (as a kid), but there seemed to be something magical about it. I've kinda lost that magic, and decorating doesn't seem to be helping.

2. As much as I really like my new job, I dislike my new boss equally. She is rude to me, and I can't figure why, she's just a big asshole.

3. Husband and I still have not bought a second car. We are looking, but not sure what to get. The hoopty has been running fine, but we still need another...in the meantime we usually alternate with the new car.

4. It's supposed to snow tonight 4-8 inches. I still get excited about snow storms. People here think I'm crazy. It could have something to do with growing up in Florida.

5. I keep thinking more and more everyday about starting my own business. It scares me when I think I haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I just want to be able to be creative...and work for myself...or with a partner. Yeah, doesn't everyone.

6. Husband and I have been having more and better sex since we moved... interesting...and a big plus.

7. I made a new friend at work...and I really like her! That sounds stupid, but do you know what it's like to try and make "girl" friends at my age? Not that I'm old, but everyone has all their friends, or are getting married...all that stuff.

8. I am secretly upset my sister and her fiance are on a break, and she is interested in a doctor that she works with. I like her fiance, he "fits in" with our family and what if someone else doesn't. I know thats selfish to say, thats why it's my secret and I support whatever decision she makes for herself.

9. Two months ago I could drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol in one night and be fine. I went to dinner the other night and had one beer...I had a buzz. Guess thats what they mean when they say you build up a tolerance...I've lost mine. Probably not a bad thing.

10. I'm looking forward to the Christmas party my sister and I are having at my house on the 17th, but most of the people will probably be her friends. But hey...give me a beer and I probably won't know the difference.

11. I keep wactching and reading about celebrity news...it makes me sad and I feel like I gave up, so I have to turn it off.

12. I keep wondering what I would do if I could go back to NY today...if my apartment would still be there, and I could just walk away from everything here? I don't think I would...but that doesn't mean I don't still miss it...and keep bugging myself with the same damn question!

13. My life is boring now, so I'm stopping at 12...I'm tagging any of you reading this to do Thursday Thirteens also, so my life can be more exciting by reading about yours.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

pssssst: I feel the samr way about my boss.

Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen: What I like about Christmas

8:15 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I don't think you are boring...on the contrary...you are quite interesting. I hate it when a boss sucks. She's probably ugly and just jealous of how beautiful you are. I know that sounds a little psycho freaky but it's true. BEautiful women are intimidating to many women. Keep your head up and just smile...it will drive her crazy! Start that business of yours. YOu don't have kids yet so you could have tons of time to devote to it!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I did the thirteen thursday...I'll be your friend ;)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Just ME said...

You are so an interesting person. Think of all that you have done in your life, while others have done or seen none of what you have in an entire lifetime.

I'll do the thursday thirteen.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

my thursday thirteen


www.hnella.blogspot.com

I definitely think your boss is just jealous. Women bosses can be the worst. Just keep a positive attitude. Glad to hear you've made a friend at work. I was telling my bf the other day that I've been in LA a whole year and don't have a single real girlfriend. It's so much harder when you get older. But I'll just keep trying.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Crap - I didn't see this until Friday, but I will definitely do it next week.

I can't help but notice that you sound a little down. I hope things perk up for you...at least the sex is good! ;o)

P.S. The only reason your boss has a problem with you is probably because you're gorgeous and she's jealous and petty. XO

2:20 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

if the one you love and you are having great sex, your life isn't boring, the asshole of a boss doesn't come home with you, you're making good friends and being a cheap drunk is priceless; saves a lot of money.

I hope the spirit of Christmas grabs you soon before its over for the year.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

Thanks girls for the compliments...if only it were so easy to believe someone didn't like you because you were pretty!

Jules: checked out your 13..Love it!

Hollie: you too!

Jen: looking forward to yours!

Pirate: you make me laugh! thanks!

9:22 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

OK, first off, your boss is mega jealous.. Hands down! And secondly, I hear ya with the girlfriends... Much harder these days to extend the olive branch!

Oh and about the Xmas spirit thing... I feel as tho the magic is gone sometimes too. Saddens me.. But download all the Charlie Brown Xmas songs, turn off all the lights, sip a hot drink in front of the fire, and let the Xmas feelings take over... And if that doesn't work, hop on a train to the city and stand in front of the tree at Rockafeller Center... Those bussling shoppers and tourists will ALWAYS do the trick!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

I hate when bosses are rude. It's so unessesary. And I know how hard it is making girlfriends. I only had one in California (hollie nell) and she lived an hour away, and my roomie was a drama magnit. I stayed as far away from that as possible.

Great list City! LUV reading about you. I am going to start working on mine for next Thursday ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City -Wow, the human side of you. I enjoyed that. Thanks! (*huggerz*)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home