Friday, November 25, 2005

Inappropriate David

I spent Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's house ( my dad's sister )...since my parents divorced I'm now splitting the holidays. I'll be spending Christmas with my mother. It was my husband and I, my sister and brother...Aunt, Uncle, 2 cousins, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad and his new fiance (who's my husband's age)...and my Aunt that lives in NYC - she brought one of her new boyfriends...that my bro, sis and I have dubbed: Inappropriate David. Have you ever been around someone who's presence just makes things awkward? He kept saying the stupidest things over and over again.

My Aunt is in Nursing school, so David as a joke bought a litte Fischer Price doctor bag. He brought it out at the dinner table and proceeded to "doctor" everyone. Now let me tell you, this is my uptight a little snobbish Jewish side of the family. My brother walks back into the room...

bro: what is that for?

david: to get any 6 year old girl to play doctor with me!

everyone: silence....sis giggling under her breath at his obnoxious statement. He meant it as a joke...that it's a kids doctor bag...but come on! thats just inappropriate!

My grandma then starts talking about having a headache.

David: I can take you to the back room with my kit and give you a check up?!

all of us: awww man! sis giggling under breath.

David: drawing a picture on a napkin for my Aunt to study in nursing school. (supposed to be a pic of the anatomy) look everyone....it's a stick figure with boobies!

The obnoxiousness went on and on. You wanted to laugh, but it was more at him than with him. This man is in his 50's....(so is my aunt.)

My husband and brother laughed all the way home.
Well, he definitely broke up the lull in the conversation...just making everyone a bit uncomfortable....though definitely not boring!

9 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

City -HA! That's good. I love it! Break up the norm. :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Sounds like an uncomfortable situation was had by all....except
obnoxious boyfriend. He must be going through a late mid-life crisis.

Sorry to hear about that... but at least it will be a Thanksgiving to remember.

Hope you had a good day anyway!

11:27 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

That is HYSTERICAL CS, its hard to decide when you are around people like that, to laugh at their jokes or do your best to act like you heard nothing...
Glad you had such an INTERESTING Thanksgiving!
alannajoy

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Too Funny! I have a friend that does that. You'd think they would eventually get the hint that they aren't that humerous - but some people are just dense! LOL

2:34 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

have you checked the sex offender list? maybe he wasn't kidding about the 6 year old...you never know these days with all the psycho's in the world!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Star Effer said...

yeah, the 6 yr old "joke" was definitely over the line. i agree with jules, check the sex offender website. what a creep.

12:39 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

what if inappropriate david excused himself from the table to go to the little boys room, then comes back sans pants? would that be inapproriate, or would you just expect something like that from him?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

I hate situations like those where you feel embarrassed for him! Awkward! So inappropriate. The six year old joke was crossing the line. However, I think the stick figure with the boobies is pretty funny (but not at a dinner).

6:13 PM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

Wonder what this guy is like at funerals. You should take him to some church. The stories alone would be worth it.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home