Friday, November 11, 2005

Bojangles

So the beater my husband and I were borrowing from the grandparents is home once again. This is the second time my grandfather has paid to have it fixed...if you can call it that. I think it's just temporarily capable. I have never seen a car break down more. We did buy one new car, but we were hoping to not have to buy 2 at the same time. Living in NYC you don't need a car, since we have both been there for over 8 years we haven't owned one in awhile. I'm trying to suck it up and deal with driving a piece of crap...it's not that I'm worried about what it looks like, I just want something dependable. Tomorrow is my first day of work...yes, I am a housewife no longer...thank the Lord! It's gettin' damn boring. I just hope Mr. Bojangles will hold up. I have a feeling we may be car shopping sooner than we had hoped.

Oh, his name is Bojangles cause when you drive it jingles...just seemed appropriate.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane said...

Cool name for a car. My first car (a 1972 yellow Nova) was called The Bananna Boat. Very Appropriate! Good luck with your new job. I'm sure you'll do great. XOXO

3:59 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

Jerry Jeff Walker would be so proud.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Best of luck on your first day of the new job... I'm with Jen and think you will shine and do great!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Just ME said...

Good luck w/the new job. Mr. Bojangles is a great name for a car. My first car was named by my guy friends, so I won't go into it. I'll only say that it was a Taurus and it the name rhymed...

7:27 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Cgrats on the new job.

Hey at least you have a hoopty, I gotta take the train and bus!

:)

8:49 PM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Good luck with ur first day CS! Sell some sparkles like you mean it! =)
alannajoy xo

3:12 AM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

I had one car that sucked so bad everyone called it the Sweet Pickles bus. It was a datsun station wagon 78.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

thanks ya'll. first day was good...sparkles are lovely.
Jags: I'm selling jewelry.

as for the hoopty, so far so good, cross your fingers for me.

10:44 AM  
Blogger something said...

I feel for you about your junker. I had a junker break down in amish country once . . . they weren't that helpful.

11:01 AM  
Blogger cityman05 said...

Old cars can be so frustrating.
I used to have one that smoked really bad. I once took it to a Sonic drive in and I think I gave all the coustomers and waitresses carbon monixide poisoning.

Good luck with the new job!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Ha ha, Bojangles, thats great :)
Hope it last at least a little longer for you City!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

the last car i bought/sold was an '84 ford e-150 delivery van with 287k miles for $500 on kauai. then i threw a full sized sofa in the back and lived out of it for 6 months. beach front property, and 1st for the morning surf! the beast was a beater alright. rolling up the windows didn't stop the rain from getting in. rust holes everywhere. but it didn't break down once. to cap it off, i sold the blue beast 15 minutes before i moved off of kauai, for $500. sometimes beaters rule!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home