Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Day Off

Today is my first day off after working six. Black Friday wasn't too bad...then again, being from NYC, crowds never seem to phase me. I enjoy being busy at work, just makes the time pass faster. Even though I have a day off, I'm still working all day. Just one day off to run all my errands. I have to take one of our dogs to the vet today to get her a new prescription of anti-seizure meds...and one of my other dogs has been vomiting after eating something bad...so I'm just running around trying to clean up after him!

I would like to decorate for Christmas...though I'm kind of feeling "bah humbugish". I think the holidays are more fun with young kids around. The youngest kid in our family is 21...not much magic left at that age. I'm sure I'll decorate anyway...one day I would like to be like Clark Griswald in National Lampoons Christmas Vaca. That's my favorite holiday movie...so funny. My sister and I are having a party at my house on the 17th, so I better get in the spirit. I'll take some pics after I get it all up.

10 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

love that movie!! that's what i've been doing to get in the holiday spirit - watching holiday movies. otherwise i'd be a bah humbug too. gotta recommend Love Actually, one of my favorites.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City -Sorry to hear about your pooch. Hope it works out at the vet.

I feel the same way about xmas. I'll probably put my tree up next week. I love the xmas lights though.

Enjoy the day off! :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Hope the pup gets better.

I love Christmas Vacation. My family actually watches it every Christmas Eve after we open gifts. It's a family tradition. Even my grandma loved it. It's a classic!

7:24 PM  
Blogger cityman05 said...

I hate decorating, too. I have to do the whole downtown,all the parks, and a few store windows. I love the national lampoons movies, though.

Hope you are doing well.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

I love that movie too! We used to watch it every year with my mom. I've been a bit of a grinch too. Not exactly the holiday spirit when you're wearing flip flops and shorts. But I'll be back in NYC next week and hopefully the holiday bug will bite. Hope the spirit moves you and keep writing. I love reading your blog!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I'm a big Vacation fan, myself... nothing funnier than to see when they plug the lights in and the meter is spinning.
Good luck with the party plans!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

I LOVE the Griswalds! When I was driving across country I drove through Flagstaff and thought about that movie with Aunt Edna and her dog. Too funny!

I miss being at work, but I am starting on Monday! YAY! I am glad to hear you're enjoying the new job ;)

12:00 AM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

that reminds me... gots to do some christmas decorating myself!!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

my friend H has a dog that has to take anti seizure meds...soooo sad. I was there for his first seizure and unfortunately it was during a dinner party. Poor poor woody...we thought he was gonna die. Now he's forever on meds. so strange...I'd never head of that before! I've linked you by the way, hope that's ok

8:58 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

yes everyone...xmas vaca is my favorite! always makes me laugh!

thanks Holli...love reading you also.

sure Jules!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home