Wednesday, December 14, 2005

below 0


Can you believe it was freakin' below zero this morning? Sooo damn cold! Thank the Lord for electric blankets is all I've got to say about that! Now if I can just invent warming clothes for getting out of bed.


The other day I had a talk with my boss about the way she acts. Well, really I just asked her how my performace has been since I started...I tried to phrase it in a way that it wouldn't seem as though I was attacking, and she couldn't get defensive. I think it caught her off guard, she looked a bit stunned. She blabbered about if I wasn't doing well she would come to me, and it just, "takes some time to warm up to people"....hmmmm. My husand says thats B.S. and you can't admit to your employee that there is differential treatment. Well, whatever, now I have some dirt...if I ever need to use it. Since the talk she has been much nicer though. I don't care if it's fake or not, it's not like I want to be her friend or anything. Seriously...not my type.


I had another day off today. I went and had lunch with my mother, and finished up with the Christmas shopping. I still don't see where all the people are coming from. In NYC, ok, I understand the crowds. But in CT....on a Wednesday afternoon? Aren't people working? Just pure craziness. Our party is this Saturday. I'm usually the hostess with the mostess. I haven't done anything except buy a tablecloth. There is so much to do... My mind is on the cocktails....though with my new found no tolerance for liquor I could be passed out before the people arrive. It's funny when I think back a few years...before a big party, my friends and I would drink alot a few weeks in advance just so we could build up a tolerance. Kids! (hmm?)

5 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

yes, electric blankets are the best! it's said they cause cancer, but what doesn't cause cancer these days? Def don't sleep with it on, but it's nice to have a toasty bed to jump into, especially if there's no one else in it to warm it for you. just don't drink a lot while it's on, either. i think i'm gonna crank mine on right now!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

yes...I've heard they can cause cancer...but as you said what doesn't?! I only use it a couple of months....not too much.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City -I like that photo. You are so easy on the eyes! *hugs*

Oh, and the tree looks good too! ;)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

love that picture! Oh and Woot....I hear if your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I can't wait to hear about your party! I'm sure it will be great...except for you passing out and/or making an ass out of yourself after getting plastered in the middle of it! LOL XO

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home