Monday, December 12, 2005

Shopped OUT!

Today is the first day I did some Christmas shopping. I wasn't going to do any at all. I love buying gifts for people, I really do...it's so much better than receiving them. This year I just moved and I have so much more I need to buy...another car...a house...you know...nothing big. So since I just moved, I don't have any close friends yet, that saves me from buying those. My family had all agreed that we wouldn't buy gifts, since the holiday is so commercialized now anyway, and besides it's mostly for children. We would just spend the holiday together. That is what it's supposed to be about. Some good food, conversation...and just together time. I don't know who did it first....probably my mother, went and bought, "just something little." How can I get a gift and not give anything in return? So that brings me to the fun shopping I had at the mall today. You would think a Monday morning would be nice and quiet...but no way. People are ruthless! Pushing, shoving...I love shopping as much as the next girl, but today was even too much for me. I still have a few more things to get...many cards to mail out...and a few dozen glasses of eggnog to get me through it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Just a few dozen eggnogs to get you through??? I'd hoard the whole punchbowl to myself... the only way to fly this season. LOL!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I recently tried eggnog...YUCK! hey, btw, your flickr pics are gone.

7:17 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

apparently shopping is now a contact sport, huh?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Shopping is a very DANGEROUS contact sport indeed. You can get your ass kicked!

I haven't even started yet. I'm such as slacker :(

8:21 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

City -Sounds like you need a few extra hours in the day to get it all done! Good luck.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I love how that always happens. People agree not to buy each other anything and then...BAM...the "just something little" happens. I can't stand not to buy gifts. It drives me nuts. So, I'm usually the one who breaks first.

Gotta love the holidays! LOL

12:18 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Beware of those bargain shoppers girl- They can be RUTHLESS! Don't be afraid to start dropping elbows!!
alannajoy

9:17 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

ellen: lol, nice!

jules: actually I don't remember the last time I tried eggnog, but it sounds and looks like it would be good, so I'm gonna try it again.

woo: Absolutely!

Aymster: Im with you on the holiday slacking, I usually wait till the last min.

neo: thanks! gonna need it

Jen: yeah, hoidays are fun also, I do like buying gifts..it makes it more fun.

april: want to come shop for me?

Ajoy: elbows out!

jax: yes, I shop online often...funny thing is, I shopped more online when I lived in NYC...I'm so strange.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home