Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update




Wow, it's been awhile. Almost 5 months. Well, that's how old he is. It's been a crazy, hectic...exhausting...but amazing time. Most of you are probably gone. I read my last comment, that says "maybe you'll stop by and update sometime". Well, I guess I will. The baby is good...he's getting so big now. 95% for weight, off the charts for height at over 100%. Those are statistics you only understand being a parent. Those are things I do now. Talk about weight and height...poop,poop color...teething...and baby drool. Things I thought I would never do. You know what? That's ok. I actually enjoy it. This baby has been a giant pain in the ass...being colicky for what seemed like forever. I no longer have the freedom I once had. Forget partying anymore...even having a few drinks, while breast feeding. Most days we stay home, baby talking. I thought I would hate it, I thought I would shrivel up with no life.


Then he will look up at me with those big blue eyes, and gives me a smile he shows no other. My heart melts. He loves me unconditionally.


I am a mother.


11 Comments:

Blogger Wiwille said...

The eyes on that baby are gorgeous. Seriously that's one cute kid.

Good to hear the mother life is working out for you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger The Harbour of Ourselves said...

there is no other feeling like it...., well, er, I say that not knowing what it's like to be a mother, but very sure that of what it feels like to be a dad

lovely post

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

What a beautiful baby.... I'll bet you get stopped a lot for compliments.

Ah, yes.... motherhood. One of the hardest, most demanding roles you will play in life. Also one of the most rewarding and delightful. I still consider my son as one of my finest accomplishments.
And freedom?... well that comes when they learn how to drive.... which gives you all new reasons to worry about them.

Thanks for the update and picture... so happy to see that motherhood agrees with you!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

City....or should I say, Mom??

Glad to finally see that beautiful child again!! He is so perfect!!

I'm also glad to hear how motherhood is treating you. I have alot of those fears about my life changing, but hearing you explain it..and perfectly no less...has made me feel a little better.

Can't wait until the next update!!

Smooches - Jen

1:18 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

he is beautiful! what did you end up naming him? send me an email at gsjules@gmail.com.

hope you are well.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

And what a good Mama you are!! I think being a mom makes you even more beautiful Mandi!!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

hey city! how are you? I hope you and the baby are well! he is so cute! what have you been doing?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Congratulations. He's so gorgeous and welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging. I guess some of us are still here. (jax)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

City - Sorry thought you abandoned the blog, which at this point I think can be confirmed. *wink*

Beautiful child and amazingly deep blue eyes. You should be proud.

Take care.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a handsome looking little guy!! Isn't being a mother the best. Hope all is still well after all these months.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

City...

You would have just had his first birthday just a few weeks ago... How has your first year of parenthood been? Insanely busy, I would imagine!

All the best to you, Mr. City and CityBoy.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home