Wednesday, December 05, 2007

2 years and counting

I left NYC over 2 years ago now. When will I stop counting?? It's not that I want to move back...I mean sometimes I would...but I don't think it's the right place for me now. I can't imagine subways, night clubs, living in a tiny walk up with a toddler. I mean I know people there do it all the time...well, not the night club part, but they do raise children there. There are many things I would like to take my baby see...Central Park, the museums...the Christmas window displays. I think there is so much to offer. I'm just not so sure how easy day to day life would be. I don't know if he would enjoy the smell of buring garbage during the hot summer days...or a homless man taking a crap on the curb next to your door (true story while living in the east village). It's crazy how our lives change when we have someone else to care for...we make decisions based on their life...no longer our own. I know I would be living a different life if it were not for my son...or maybe I wouldn't be living at all. That is a different story though...I'll get to that later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

City - Welcome back!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

hi! neo I can't get into your blog

3:20 PM  
Blogger Wiwille said...

I've thought about leaving Seattle if I ever start a family simply for the living expenses alone, but there is so much they would miss. I doubt I'd move far though, but it wouldn't be the same just being a weekend tourist.

2:15 AM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

Hey there girl- nice to see you're back! keep the posts coming- lots of catching up to do!

-A

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home